Direct financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
Finance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Finance Manager to join our team.
- Ad hoc reporting for Company Directors;
- Ensuring the strong work ethic and cohesive team environment is maintained at all times;
- Audit planning and annual financial pack creation;
- Working cross functionally across international teams in relation to month end and year-end reporting;
- Manage a team of two;
- Balance sheet management;
- Preparation of financial accounts, management accounts, group reporting and statutory compliance for the non-trading entities within the UK;
- Responsible for Statutory reporting & compliance in accordance with company policy and latest accountancy legislation;
- Processing of weekly & monthly payroll and all associated reporting;
- Produce pricing strategy;
- VAT and intrastate reporting;
- Work side by side with the Purchasing Manager to ensure required margins are achieved;
- Cash flow reporting and forecasting, liaising with the Treasury department;
- Production of weekly and monthly management accounts;
- Ensuring a high volume and high value of suppliers are paid accurately and on time.
- Able to review current performance and identify ways of making improvements (process/systems) thereby solving problems;
- Experience reporting on budgets to non-financial personnel;
- Previous experience of team management is essential;
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient;
- Coordinating with the designers over project trouble-shooting, contract management, invoicing and overdue payment;
- Innovative with a can do attitude;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ideally hold an advanced degree in accounting business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Capability to explain financial reporting to management;
- Able to work independently and hit the ground running;
- Previous group reporting experience would be beneficial;
- Responding positively to tight deadlines, working additional hours where necessary to meet requirements to a high standard;
- Experience working in Financial Services sector;
- Commercial acumen, opportunities to get involved in business performance and opportunities;
- Experience running payroll and knowledge of payroll legislation.