The Head of Risk Management is responsible for planning and directing business analysis, risk modeling, and loss prevention programs. Oversees all aspects of an organization’s risk management function. Being a Head of Risk Management typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Head of Risk Management manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Head of Risk Management Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Risk Management to join our team.
- Regularly and on an ad hoc basis, evaluate the risks faced by the branch and its overall risk profile with a particular focus on process controls;
- Manage the London Branch Risk framework and monitor developments in real time to provide the right level of attention and action to Bank issues;
- Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organisation.
- Exercise oversight over governance, risk and control arrangements in a financial operation;
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and Presentation skills in particular targeting the relevant business area with a clear message;
- A strong ability to influence senior management both in London Branch and at Head Office;
- Strong technical knowledge as well an ability to translate this into practical solutions for the Bank.