Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
Production Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Planner to join our team.
- Liaises with sales division to determine customer requirements;
- Proactively review production capacity plans and highlight & resolve any forward load issues;
- Trouble-shooting problems which impact production, communicating any impact on the business to the right people;
- Ensuring data accuracy within our ERP system for your sites and lines (production dates, WOR completion…);
- Produce and effectively communicate a production plan for short, medium and long term planning horizons relevant to the changing business needs;
- Working within a team to support and develop effectiveness across production and manufacturing reports;
- Creating new products within the MRP system and removing old lines;
- Build understanding of demand trends and forecast plans using historical sales and future customer demand;
- Ownership of the company’s BOM (Bill of Materials);
- Inventory reporting;
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to resolve production and manufacturing issues;
- Maintaining material standards in the ERP system;
- Liaising with Production and sales teams to ensure production plans are correct and accurate;
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team’s performance;
- Scheduling the supply of materials to meet the master production schedule.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience of production planning in a FMCG / retail facing environment;
- Good Excel skills / computer literacy;
- Must work well under pressure;
- Awareness of Quality Control requirements and problem solving techniques;
- Top-level communication skills;
- Problem solver;
- To work and liaise with Supply Chain Functions;
- Excellent communication skills to deal and communicate to all levels of staff;
- Able to apply analysis to balance requirements of demand and supply;
- Experience within the Manufacturing industry;
- Experience with measuring adherence/conformance to Plan (CTP);
- Knowledge of SAP planning software would be an advantage;
- Experience of working with clear Planning targets;
- Proven track record in a Planning environment. Does not have to be FMCG related.