Security Supervisor I supervises a team of security personnel. Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure protection from intruders, fire hazards, theft, and vandalism. Being a Security Supervisor I develops emergency procedures, responds to incidents, and resolves problems or requests assistance of local authorities. A level I supervisor is considered a working supervisor with little authority for personnel actions. Additionally, Security Supervisor I may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on a support team. Suggests improvements to process, is a knowledge resource for other team members. Has no authority for staff actions. Thorough knowledge of the team processes. Generally has a minimum of 2 years experience as an individual contributor.
Security Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Supervisor to join our team.
- Attend regular customer KPI meetings and maintain effective relationships with the customer striving to;
- improve the service provision at all times;
- Liaise on a daily basis with staff + the client and operational management teams;
- Contribute as a team member to ensure a positive customer experience for all visitors/customers;
- Support the fulfilment of the contracted/business objectives, through the range of duty assignments which will involve security and support duties;
- Ensure safety of customers and all staff.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus;
- Must hold a valid SIA Frontline Licence;
- Intermediate level PC Skills ( MS Office);
- 5 year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards – BS7858.