Supplier Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supplier Manager to join our team.
- Examine and test existing contracts as required;
- Liaise with Engineering, Contracts and Programmes to clarify and finalise final order details;
- Devise and execute sourcing strategies for new programmes and sourcing strategies in support of bids and tenders;
- Identify, implement, track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services in line with delegation;
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements;
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms;
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs;
- Identify and select suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships.
- Highly Organised;
- Experience managing and influencing senior stakeholders across the business;
- Strong commercial acumen, familiarity and comfort with financial matters and managing budgets;
- Experience managing a team of supplier managers;
- Has a risk mind-set and organisational awareness of risk management;
- Experience managing commercial contracts and an understanding of the regulatory landscape we operate in.