The VP of Marketing directs and works with marketing management team to form business plans and strategies to accomplish corporate objectives. Manages and directs marketing policies, objectives, and programs for all products and services for the organization. Being a VP of Marketing typically it is a single incumbent position. Oversees market research, product planning, and advertising functions for all products and services. In addition, VP of Marketing typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a Chief Executive Officer. Responsible for the development of functional or business unit strategy for the entire organization. Defines corporate vision and strategy establishes company direction and focus. Executes multiple high impact initiatives to achieve overall corporate goals.
VP Marketing Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a VP Marketing to join our team.
- Develop company brand strategy;
- Develop and execute innovative global sales and marketing strategies;
- Manage and lead the marketing team and its members;
- Develop product marketing materials that enables our customers to find success with the technology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, develop, and inspire a diverse and high performing team;
- Demonstrated ability to work with, influence, and negotiate with external partners;
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast paced, global team, and having a few laughs along the way;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels;
- Experienced leader with ability to inspire, challenge, and collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.