Data Scientist I identifies business trends and problems through complex big data analysis. Interprets results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently. Being a Data Scientist I designs, develops and implements the most valuable business solutions for the organization. Prepares big data, implements data models and develops database to support the business solutions. Additionally, Data Scientist I may require an advanced degree. Typically reports to a manager. The Data Scientist I work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. To be a Data Scientist I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Data Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.
- Develop proof-of-concept studies to help support large grant proposals;
- Applying and optimising machine learning algorithms;
- Clear understand business requirements and propose/implement complete solutions Create easy to understand and clear data visualisations;
- Taking on board feedback and ensuring models can be effectively deployed by the tech team;
- Use data insights to design and build Machine Learning algorithms;
- Building out the data product from POC to production ready system;
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges;
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms;
- Use predictive modeling to optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes;
- Explaining model concepts and performance in a clear and comprehensive way to our sales teams and, on occasion, our clients;
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams;
- Analyse data and report results to help inform decision making;
- Analyse data using a core AI tool, working alongside a leading data scientist Chief Technical Officer;
- Statistical Data Analysis, predictive modelling and simulations;
- Simulation models to help optimise operational processes and quantify and manage operational risks.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills;
- A PhD in a numerical discipline (pure maths, statistics, physics or Computer Science ideally);
- Strong experience visualising data and insights;
- Fluency in R and SQL – proficiency in Mathematica, C, C++, Java, Python, Fortran, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS and ML libraries is a bonus;
- Experience with statistical tools such as R, Mathematica, Matlab, SPSS;
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or other quantitative field;
- Fluency in Python (experience with R is a plus);
- Experience using one or more of the following, R, Python, SQL modelling, VBA or similar;
- Educated to Masters level in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines;
- Tableau, Qlik Sense, matplotlib, ggplot2, SQL, Python, R, Google BigQuery experience is a bonus;
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools like Spark, Hadoop preferable;
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams;
- Have the drive and resilience to try new ideas when the first ideas don’t work, stay on your feet and operate with minimal supervision;
- Working knowledge of machine learning concepts and techniques and their application.