Pricing Data Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pricing Data Scientist to join our team.
- Recommend acquisition of third-party data as appropriate, whilst working within the agreed budget;
- Discover relationships and patterns in complex data providing underwriting insight into the business, developing predictive models as required;
- Monitor and analyse the performance of portfolios and schemes, including undertaking burning cost analysis across all products lines;
- Help to deliver complex and diverse projects with a commercial focus utilising your analytical techniques;
- Network closely with other parts of the group, contributing as appropriate to group initiatives and obtaining buy-in to the MGA’s developments;
- Review and evaluate existing pricing models and propose and, subject to sign-off, implement appropriate change;
- Ownership of management information for the MGA incorporating internal and external data.
- Experience of analysis in personal lines insurance market;
- Ability to complete and also to communicate complex issues in a clear manner;
- A technical expert in data science and/ or qualified/ part-qualified actuary;
- Analytical programming skills preferred (SQL, SAS, VBA or R) as is knowledge of predictive modelling techniques and machine learning.