Data Scientist/Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Scientist/Analyst to join our team.
- Apply critical and creative thinking whilst considering data driven solutions;
- Detailed quantitative modelling of energy market fundamentals;
- Development of power market data forecasting models utilising machine learning and statistical techniques;
- Process and analysis of large financial datasets;
- Monitoring real time energy market information and implementing automated trading practices;
- Research UK power market and real time operation of Balancing Mechanism;
- Identification of value creation opportunities and developing trading strategies.
- Data analysis programming experience in Python using libraries, especially machine learning packages;
- Valid UK driving licence desirable but not necessary;
- Collect and determine design requirements to meet user needs;
- Communication skills are key as you’ll be interacting with people across the business as well as stakeholders outside of it;
- Design validation process to ensure data integrity;
- Experience with machine learning techniques and data science solutions;
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and Database experience;
- Engineering or physical sciences grounding, degree qualified in STEM subject;
- An interest in the renewable energy sector is crucial;
- Expertise in database design, development and manipulation using SQL;
- Proven programming, analytical and problem solving abilities.