Business Data Analyst I performs routine business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Researches best practices and supports developing the solutions and recommendations for the current business operations. Being a Business Data Analyst I may work with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements. May provide business data interpretation. Additionally, Business Data Analyst I may help to produce ad hoc data and reports. May assist in developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Business Data Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Business Data Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Business Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our team.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders within the business to understand their requirements;
- Using SQL to extract data;
- Providing analysis and insight to drive business improvement and impact upon business decisions;
- Presenting analysis and finders back to stakeholders;
- Reporting and building dashboards in Power BI.
- FMCG background;
- Experience in CRM, Analytics and Big Data would be an advantage;
- Business analysis experience in digital projects;
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with a range of stakeholders;
- Knowledge and practical experience of working in a mixed application environment;
- Excellent communication and collaborative team working skills;
- Can demonstrate structure and approach leadership of process impact assessments and re-design;
- Knowledge and practical experience of mapping retail business processes;
- Work collaboratively with technical SMEs, extracting their technical knowledge into process diagrams and documentation;
- Proven experience using a visualisation tool;
- Proven delivery within an agile environment;
- Commercial experience using SQL;
- Ability to challenge stakeholders in a constructive manner and manage conflict resolution to gain consensus on requirements.