The Senior Data Analyst determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues. Performs advanced business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Being a Senior Data Analyst may handle special analytical projects as needed. Works closely with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements. In addition, Senior Data Analyst may assist in implementing or developing systems to capture business operation information. May oversee the work of less experienced analysts. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Being a Senior Data Analyst contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Data Analyst typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team.
- Analysing different performance metrics across a range of products to support customer acquisition and engagement;
- Being able to talk about and explain data in non-technical terms and engaging with stakeholders at a senior level to present back your findings;
- Work with our Marketing team to showcase tangible ROI and commercial outcomes from product utilisation for our ongoing content marketing;
- Measure the effectiveness of the company website;
- Work with our Business Intelligence teams to enhance the quality and consistency of recurring insight reports developed for various insight objectives;
- Create scripts to automate reports for recurring requests;
- Analysing overall company performance;
- Supporting the development of our new commercial propositions (new products, services, markets) with commercial modelling and insight development;
- Work with our Product team to build insight and commercial rigour into customer behaviour that informs product mechanics and rewards;
- Evaluate other different data sources and document and present on these insights;
- Use predictive analytics to drive forecasts, analysis and drive reporting;
- Identify and act on optimisation opportunities using data, such as hypothesis testing or forecasting;
- Segment customers and carry out analysis;
- Developing new measurement approaches to evaluate user experience with our consumer and retailer products.
- Experience with Web Analytics tools and data (i.e. Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Webtrekk);
- This position requires limited International travel;
- Programming skills of SAS/ SQL are mandatory for this role;
- Ability to create and present analyses and reports;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied statistical methods using R, Python (or similar) would be an asset;
- Degree in Business Analytics or Technology, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent experience;
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or other quantitative field;
- Strong SQL and Excel are MUST haves;
- Must have strong experience working with a variety of data fields;
- Need to have a strong SQL analytical base;
- Data visualisation experience i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Excel etc;
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience;
- Experience with Python/Jupyter or R;
- Familiarity with online advertising and advertising fraud;
- Fluency in SQL and ability to write complex queries to process very large amounts of data.