The Administrative Assistant, Junior collects, reviews and analyzes data, and prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials. Provides administrative support in a variety of functions to an individual, team, department, or other group in an organization. Being an Administrative Assistant, Junior schedules and coordinates meetings, travel, and other group activities. Responds to or routes routine inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging. In addition, Administrative Assistant, Junior has basic word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software skills. Requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Administrative Assistant, Junior possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Junior Administration Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Administration Assistant to join our team.
- To provide effective and efficient administrative service, including scanning, photocopying and filing, to the team;
- To offer telephone answering support;
- To assist managers with written correspondence and report preparation;
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms;
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers;
- Liaise with and support senior managers;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Develop and maintain a filing system;
- Maintain contact lists;
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes;
- Operate multiple software systems and maintain multiple spreadsheets;
- Create travel itinerary’s and book travel / accommodation for staff across the business;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Collate documents, reports and presentations to excellent levels of accuracy;
- Provide administrative support to various teams across the business.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures essential;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular);
- Experience as an Junior Administrative Assistant essential;
- Working knowledge of office equipment;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work;
- High School and / or Higher Education;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.