Casino Dealer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Casino Dealer to join our team.
- Prepares collection reports for submission to supervisors;
- Informs guests about game rules and casino policies;
- Monitors their table and reports to Casino Manager potential irregularities;
- Interacts with guests and leads the games;
- Looks after casino equipment;
- Opens and closes game tables.
- High School certificate;
- Willingly assist with day-to-day operational needs as directed by Casino Management;
- Professional certificates are an advantage;
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
- Previous experience on a cruise ship is an advantage;
- Understanding of the foundation of customer service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our passengers;
- Able to communicate with outstanding social skills and showing a warm, friendly, and caring personality;
- Ability to count fast and deal with cash;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work in a team;
- Able to deal table games in a non-intimidating, friendly and professional manner while adhering to Company’s rules and procedures;
- Able to work as a team member in a multicultural environment;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a professional Casino Dealer;
- Able to adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.