CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator to join our team.
- Ensure components are both dimensionally correct & the visually aesthetic quality of the finished component is in line with company quality standards;
- To follow drawings to produce correct components to the required standards in the most efficient and cost effective way within the Turning Department;
- To manufacture and produce quality components by programming, setting & operating appropriate equipment;
- To overcome production and manufacturing problems, referring up to Team Leader when necessary;
- Liaise with team leader to ensure most effective and efficient methods are used.
- Fanuc controls trained would be an advantage;
- Experience of consistently programming & manufacturing 1off bespoke components to new designs;
- Operate a centre lathe (both CNC and conventional);
- Experience of consistently manufacturing 1 off bespoke components to new designs;
- 5S change experience;
- Experience of working in a team in a manufacturing department or in a similar environment;
- Use 4 jaw chucks;
- Accurate and can get the job done first time;
- Machine shaft work using steadies;
- Experience of LEAN manufacturing techniques;
- Experience of working with technical engineering drawings in a precision machine shop;
- Crane Lifting Certificate;
- Machine eccentrics;
- Must have a keen eye for detail;
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety procedures with the ability to implement them.