Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, milling and engraving machines, and jig borers to make working models of metal or plastic objects. Includes template makers.
Cnc Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cnc Operator to join our team.
- Changing worn tooling in accordance with operational procedures;
- Ensure house keeping is of a high standard;
- Quality inspection of finished goods;
- Operating CNC machines;
- Running and maintaining a number of 3 axis sliding head CNC Lathe machines throughout your shifts.
- Forklift truck licence;
- Experienced in reading engineering drawings;
- Precision engineering experience;
- Competent user of Adobe Illustrator. Corel Draw and the ability to manipulate vector drawings;
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings;
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions;
- Keen to learn new skills;
- A good understanding of AXYZ 3M x 2M routers and Toolpath (the software);
- In possession of a CSCS card an advantage;
- Owns a full UK driving licence an advantage;
- Ability to work with Aluminium Extrusion; Sheet material; Acrylics; PVC Foamex;
- Ability to read complex technical /engineering drawings with a good understanding of tolerances;
- Knowledge of fixings & Industrial Adhesives applications;
- Knowledge of Autocad would be an advantage;
- Basic computer skills.