Machine Operator I sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Uses computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Being a Machine Operator I controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Machine Operator I typically reports to a supervisor/manager. The Machine Operator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machine Operator to join our team.
- General warehouse duties;
- Be able to carry out core removal;
- Measuring, grading and feeding batches of materials into production machinery;
- Adhere to all QA policies and procedures and assist QA improving the quality of our products;
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery and all work areas;
- Use of industrial mixer;
- To maintain all areas in a clean and tidy condition;
- Keeping work area tidy;
- Keeping products replenished into the machine;
- Set up machines to start a production run;
- Feed raw materials into the machine;
- Loading into machine;
- Moving products around the facility using FLT;
- cleaning of machine and work station as required;
- Apply adhesive to heat shrink boot.
- Machine operating experience;
- Proven work experience as an machine operator or a similar role;
- Full UK Licence would be preferred;
- Quick but accurate;
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt into a new environment;
- Minimum of one years experience in a similar role;
- Good natural/corrected eyesight and visual acuity;
- Good team player also able to work on their own when required;
- Must pass background check;
- Strong communication skills, motivated, organised with great time management skills;
- Good English communication and written skills;
- Must be self motivated and enthusiastic;
- Must have good manual dexterity;
- Adherence to health and safety (e.g. constant use of personal protective equipment).