Plant Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Plant Operator to join our team.
- Ensure all safety related incidents, accidents, environmental breaches, hazardous conditions or near misses are reported immediately;
- Ensure compliance with required PPE, safety equipment and work wear deemed necessary for the job or tasks;
- Provide cover to the weighbridge;
- Perform simple servicing on the machine and equipment, reporting any major faults;
- Report any accidents and incidents as soon as possible in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure;
- Understand and undertake any duties or responsibilities required under the site emergency procedure;
- Basic understanding of vehicle mechanics;
- Check buckets and other attachments prior to mounting or changing as required, ensuring all certificates are in date;
- Carry out pre-start checks to identify any mechanical and safety issues and complete the machine’s defect book;
- Help with sampling of raw material and finished product;
- Carry all required documentation, such as competency cards, at all times;
- Operate excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks and mobile elevated platforms at various sites throughout the UK;
- Traffic management of road tankers;
- At all times consider the health and safety of yourself and those around you;
- Ensure continual and high standard of housekeeping of yard and raw material store.
- Conduct of duties in a safe, professional and polite manner, seeking assistance as and when required;
- Awareness of health and safety issues and safe working practices;
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, and complete documentation on time and accurately;
- Sustained concentration for long periods;
- Adaptable, able to cope with a change of plans and can work at weekends;
- Good communication skills, such as the provision of machine technical advice to clients when needed;
- Good teamwork skills and the ability to work alone.