Mechanical inspectors examine the installation of HVACR systems and equipment to ensure that they are installed and function properly. They also may inspect commercial kitchen equipment, gas-fired appliances, and boilers. Mechanical inspectors should not be confused with quality control inspectors, who inspect goods at manufacturing plants.
Mechanical Inspector Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Inspector to join our team.
- Create, load, examine and modify CMM metronic quartis programmes;
- Used to working to fine tolerances in a range of materials;
- To generate, maintain inspection documentation in accordance with the relevant Quality process;
- Adhere to company quality procedures;
- Suggest and implement improvements;
- Carry out first off inspection;
- Be familiar with a wide range of measuring equipment and confident with its use;
- Effective liaison, reporting of technical issues, to Production staff, & management, as required;
- Carry out first article inspection reports;
- Identify and report errors;
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Ability to accurately interpret component drawings / specifications;
- Basic PC skills (working knowledge of Microsoft word / excel);
- Experience of internal calibration, & associated procedures, relevant to basic Inspection equipment, & gauging. (Would be beneficial);
- Experience of accurately detailing FAIR reports, to include AS9102 (Aerospace standard);
- Must have experience of working in a similar position, verifying precision tolerance machined components;
- Experience of using general associated calibrated measuring equipment (i.e.: Micrometres, Vernier’s, Height Gauges, shadowgraph, etc.).