CNC Turner Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Turner Programmer to join our team.
- Programme, Set and Operate lathes with Fanuc controls;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, to ensure accurate machining of intricate and complex components;
- Take ownership of the tooling, fixtures, programming, setting and operating of each job, and output quality via CMM inspection;
- Collaborate with other departments and colleagues such as design engineers;
- Offer support to less skilled staff, sharing your skill and knowledge to help them in their own learning journey;
- Able to programme online using Fanuc controls (G Codes);
- To set, operate and program CNC Lathes using Mazak controls;
- Be a competent programmer using Mazatrol;
- Experience setting and operating CNC lathes;
- Set up tooling and fixturing and execute part programs;
- Role and responsibilities;
- Re-enforce the department’s positive approach to knowledge sharing and supporting apprentices;
- Support design and production engineering on the deployment of methodologies;
- Manage the programming of updates and new components;
- Machine to high standards of quality and precision.
- Significant demonstrable experience of programming Fanuc controls for CNC Lathes;
- Ideally have experience of CMM inspection (eg Zeiss, Aberlink, Mitutoyo etc).