Design objects, facilities, and environments to optimize human well-being and overall system performance, applying theory, principles, and data regarding the relationship between humans and respective technology. Investigate and analyze characteristics of human behavior and performance as it relates to the use of technology.
Human Factors Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Human Factors Engineer to join our team.
- Providing continuous support to design teams regarding potential for human error and musculoskeletal disorders;
- Defining and performing user tests, as well as developing test reports up to the highest standards of technical writing;
- Analyse potential for human error and assess workload levels;
- Developing HF Assurance reports;
- Defining and updating HF Integration Plan in accordance with relevant industry standards;
- Supporting system development through design reviews.
- Experience in defining and executing user tests for requirements validation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to show your own initiative;
- Experience developing and validating new human factors requirements;
- Good understanding of anthropometrics assessment process (experience using CATIA Mannequin Module is a plus);
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline (human factors / ergonomics / psychology / UCD);
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure;
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary teams providing human factors guidance to design teams;
- Experience in writing technical reports;
- Experience with customer support dealing with people face to face;
- Experience in Workload Analysis, Human Error Analysis (HEA) and Hierarchical Task Analysis (HTA);
- Adept in use of MS Office and DOORS;
- Experience in HF Integration Plan development;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Willingness to work within a consultancy environment that may require some UK based travel.