Account Handler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Account Handler to join our team.
- Manage the Insurer relationships building a strong report with your contacts;
- Ensure you only provide advice in the areas in which you are deemed competent;
- Effectively manage aged debt and general Credit Control;
- To handle day to day queries from clients and act as point of contact;
- Take instructions from existing clients in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated;
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed;
- To liaise with colleagues to share information about the current insurance marketplace, and to assist them with any insurance queries;
- To maintain a culture and approach of continuous improvement where effectiveness and efficiency is continually improved;
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times;
- To comply with the Company Policy on Information Security and Acceptable Use;
- To provide support and technical assistance to Account Executive and other staff within the Company;
- A good understanding of producing terms and documents using the Acturis System is essential;
- To provide insurers and underwriters with accurate information to ensure they can assess each risk correctly;
- To maintain accurate files and to ensure copies of correspondence and telephone notes are correctly recorded;
- Liaise within underwriters, agencies and insurers to obtain the best terms for our clients.
- effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to gather and analyse information for the client and resolve problems;
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual client’s level of understanding;
- Ability to persuade and influence others;
- Ability to identify and match products with client requirements;
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.