Second Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Second Engineer to join our team.
- Allocate duties to the junior engineers and oilers;
- Assist the Chief Engineer and learn all aspects of his duties with a view to eventual promotion;
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks;
- Carry out and control watch keeping duties and related maintenance / tasks as required by the PMS and instructed by the Chief Engineer;
- Assigns maintenance and repair duties to his dependent personnel and actively supervises in any overhaul and repair work;
- Trains personnel assigned to his engine watch;
- Relieves the First Engineer Officer in case of emergency;
- Controls the proper disposals of all refuse, rags etc. to avoid fire and other hazards;
- Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master;
- Ensures presence on board whenever the First Engineer is absent.
- Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap III/2;
- Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- Satisfy the requirements of STCW regarding certification for this position;
- Extensive Successful Experience in a similar position within Cargo or Other Cruise Company;
- Meet the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
- Valid Panama Seamen Book;
- USA VISA if in possess;
- Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Fire fighting experience and Swimming & Rowing competence.