Shunter Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Shunter Driver to join our team.
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous fashion in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Transport and highway code;
- Report any vehicle accidents to the traffic office;
- Report any mechanical defects;
- To fuel vehicles and when required to undertake normal collection and delivery duties;
- Take all responsible action to ensure teh safety and security of vehicles, equipment and goods;
- Undergo a driving skills assessment at any time whe requested by Depot Management;
- Carry out daily vehicle checks following procedure laid down;
- To ensure the safe and efficient movement of vehicles between parking bays and loading bays.
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to work as a team;
- Ability to work in a busy working environment;
- Ability to work with their own initiative;
- Operational Knowledge;
- Organisational skills.