Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Infrastructure Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
- Keep all stakeholders and users updated with changes;
- Routine maintenance and proactive management of client IT infrastructure;
- Active Directory;
- Working with the Service Desk team on escalated issues, support and knowledge transfer;
- Management of virtual servers, routers, networking and firewalls;
- Experienced with IT Hardware and different OS’s (Windows/Mac), both PC’s and Mobiles (iOS/Android);
- Administer the VMware infrastructure and SANs;
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices;
- Ensure service delivery against SLA’s;
- Provide all aspects of IT end user support to the company’s client base;
- Administer and maintain client network and infrastructure;
- Advising junior staff on solutions and supporting other team members on developing solutions;
- To participate in ICT Infrastructure Support on-call rotas for out-of-hours support as and when required;
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks.
- Experience of working in a delivery focussed client facing IT support environment;
- A detailed-oriented individual, who can estimate and prioritise effectively, to meet deadlines;
- Be willing to go the extra mile for the sake of the customer and the business;
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering principles;
- Exceptional communication skills able to interact confidently with technical and non-technical users;
- Expert knowledge of System Center (SCCM, SCOM);
- Previous experiencing of configuring various software environments – ideally Pi;
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year’s service in the Home Office) plus 1 additional day for the Queen’s Birthday and 8 bank holidays;
- Storage, Backup and Virualisation;
- Active Directory : ADFS, Group Policy Mgmt, DOA, Hardening and Lockdown, IDAM;
- experience with Azure Intune, Autopilot or Jamf;
- VOIP knowledge;
- To remain current with technologies and offer high quality guidance and advice resolution;
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical stakeholders;
- Experience with Nutanix Acropolis virtualisation.