Lead Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned (equipment specification, special projects, site visits, etc);
- Participate in the elaboration of equipment specifications;
- Create plant general arrangement in 3D;
- Plan project milestones with Project Team;
- Maintain and implement design standards;
- Assume leading role in the mechanical design of fabricated equipment;
- Create and understand 2D drawings of general arrangements, fabricated equipment, process flow diagrams, and piping & instrumentation diagrams;
- Utilize vendor supplied drawings to complete tasks assigned;
- Prepare, dispatch and supervise design work to other Team Members.
- 5-10 years in an engineering related field;
- HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering/Science/Technology;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate thoughts & ideas in a comprehensive manner;
- Ability to work independently and/or delegate to complete assignments on time;
- Willingness to travel to job sites or fabrication shops (if required);
- Experience with design and fabrication of steel and stainless-steel process equipment;
- Proficient in 3D CAD software Autodesk Inventor or other leading 3D software.