Production Process Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Process Engineer to join our team.
- All shop floor programming issues must be properly dealt with as and when they arise;
- Work with the Engineering team to improve the product through the use of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques;
- Provide technical expertise and support to other departments in the business;
- Develop and maintain routings;
- Responsible for off-line programming of plant and equipment;
- Produce and review standard times in order to measure any improvements and fully understand the cost of manufacture;
- Responsible for the development and commissioning of any special tooling;
- Produce necessary management reports that enable pro-active control of the function and enable a clear understanding of progress by senior management;
- Check that standard times are accurately reflected in the routings;
- Lead a team to develop and implement the departmental strategy in order to satisfy relevant Business objectives;
- Drive through process improvements i.e. workflow analysis, reduction of change over times to improve productivity;
- Ensure that the relevant shop floor data collection measures are in place; data is recorded, collated, understood and actioned appropriately.
- Must be a task-driven individual, with the attitude to drive task to completion;
- Experience of controlling budgets;
- Ability to take effective decisions and to work within tight deadlines;
- Sound business acumen, with the ability to make a positive contribution to the profitability of the business;
- Must be able to initiate and implement change;
- Must have experience in lean manufacturing techniques and is able to demonstrate tangible savings;
- Educated to Degree level, in an Engineering discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment;
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.