Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Senior Hardware Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team.
- Design for EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) to ensure compliance with applicable standards;
- Support customer discussions;
- Analogue hardware design (Discrete transistor level, op-amps, comparators, power supply design/understanding);
- Collaborate closely with software and mechanical teams to ensure that product design is fit for purpose;
- Utilize appropriate engineering techniques to design within a high volume and low-cost manufacturing environment;
- Supervision/mentoring of other engineers;
- Generate detailed designs for solutions that meet requirements;
- Consider the demands of other disciplines within the design team;
- Implement and test design solutions;
- Configuration of product designs and their controlled change;
- Digital design (Flash memories, microprocessor integration and specification);
- Identify and develop requirements for product upgrades and/or capability insertion;
- Test and commission reference systems, products and systems;
- Model concepts and assess solutions;
- Problem solving, defect/Fault investigations and process improvement.
- Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacture (DFM) methodologies and techniques;
- Proficient with industry standard CAD toolsets (e.g. Cadence or Mentor Schematic & Layout Tools);
- Full product life cycle development experience;
- Ability to design and make prototype boards and cables;
- Proven track record of digital circuit development, including but not limited to, Microprocessor/FPGA based systems and Power Supplies;
- Familiarity with product certification, regulatory compliance and volume manufacturing;
- Understanding of electronic design fundamentals, high speed digital design and signal integrity.