Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Hardware Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our team.
- Work closely with colleagues in software and mechanical team to ensure product designs are optimised for use and volume production;
- Produce the required documentation associated with new designs;
- Working alongside the Hardware Lead to design and develop new products;
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to create world leading solutions;
- Appropriate documentation of the design to allow long term support of the product;
- Designing new products, leading the process through the full product lifecycle;
- Identify design changes for future versions of the Dhalion system;
- Providing technical solutions as and when required;
- Working directly with the CTO to release this product with clients (Premier League teams );
- Developing prototypes of designs where appropriate;
- Circuit design, analysis and documentation;
- Implementing improvements and customer specific modifications to existing or new products;
- Design, build and iterate the Dhalion system based on identified requirements;
- Providing technical support to both customers and other relevant departments within the organisation;
- Design verification and validation testing.
- Experience of ABB Control Systems;
- Experience with standard lab equipment (i.e oscilloscopes or spectrum analysers) would be highly beneficial;
- Experience of hardware integration, testing, measurement, debug and verification;
- Experience with microcontrollers and/or embedded application processors/SoCs;
- Experienced in the Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System;
- Schematic capture and layout for complex high speed mixed signal custom PCBs;
- Development of embedded firmware in C or C++
- Good experience in the use of schematic capture / PCB design software e.g. Auto Desk Eagle; and of FPGA development tools, e.g. Quartus;
- Experience with COTS cabinets, cabinet/rack/unit design, wiring and wiring schedules, power distribution etc;
- Experience of control systems panel design;
- Understanding of firmware and software interactions with microcontroller-based designs;
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline;
- Switch mode Power Supply (SMPS) design;
- Digital Signal Processing and high speed memory interfaces;
- Experience in using JIRA and Confluence development toolsets.