Head of Maintenance Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Maintenance to join our team.
- Planning the strategy and delivery of all maintenance;
- Managing and monitoring budgets;
- Recruitment, training and development of staff;
- Management of maintenance staff as well as carry out staff appraisals;
- To administer the company’s maintenance management system, ensuring good work planning, execution and record keeping;
- To define critical spares and support contract for sites;
- To maintain both sites, equipment and assets enabling sites delivery to customers of first quality product on time ad in full;
- To support day to day maintenance and production activities;
- To maintain integrity and operability of site buildings, infrastructure, fixed equipment, mobile plant, road tankers and on-farm tanks;
- To support plant improvement and development work and participate in hazard studies, including agreeing engineering standards;
- To agree revenue expenditure budgets for maintenance activity;
- Reviewing key contracts, suppliers and adhering to health, safety and environmental practices.
- Full UK Driving Licence as there will be inter-site travel;
- Experience of management or small projects is important;
- Educated to HNC as a minimum in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline;
- A proactive approach and a can-do attitude with the ability to work without supervision and collect data to support decision making;
- An ability to lead teams and communicate effectively at all levels;
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic with n ability to work flexible and prioritise workload;
- An ability to take ownership and accountability and to make structured decisions confidently and methodically;
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical maintenance in a relate industry is essential;
- Have a logical precise and accurate approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.