Claims Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Claims Technician to join our team.
- Preparation of loss runs when requested by agents and/or Underwriters;
- Assignment of experts to individual claims files;
- Control loss funds as and when required;
- Knowledge of handling claims from first advice to settlement;
- Provide support to all team members, especially in the absence of the Claims Technical Supervisor;
- Effectively manage daily workload by prioritisation to ensure all tasks are completed within the set time parameters;
- Analysis of claims bordereaux and files, and subsequent production of reports and statics.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills – written and by phone;
- Knowledge of property insurance claims;
- General knowledge of how building repair jobs are carried out;
- Ability to effectively solve problems, negotiate and think on his/her feet;
- Organised, methodical, hard-working and able to multitask.