The PMO Manager implements and provides guidance related to PMO processes and policies, oversees the work of project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Manages day-to-day activities in the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Being a PMO Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The PMO Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a PMO Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
PMO Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PMO Manager to join our team.
- Deputise for Head of PMO and cross cover for PMO Programme Managers, as required;
- Ensuring that programme and project deliverables are tightly linked to the achievement of the Trust’s strategic objectives;
- Produce progress reports and ensure individual project streams comply with project processes in an accurate and timely manner;
- Providing overall programme management leadership to deliver work stream outputs;
- Develop processes and policies to enhance project governance;
- Ensuring adherence to PMO project lifecycle and embedding of PMO processes and governance within the Organisation;
- Co-ordinate and consolidate project plans across multiple program streams;
- Demonstrate that this experience in large, complex projects or portfolio of projects;
- Support, facilitate and monitor progress of programme and projects against agreed KPIs;
- Build strong working relationships for effective collaboration;
- Overseeing major initiative or programme of work to ensure PMO processes are adhered to;
- Attend and drive forward project boards;
- Support the overall content transformation Program Manager;
- Represent the Trust at internal and external programme board meetings;
- Setting up and coordinating project groups.
- Experienced Microsoft Project user;
- Working with remote teams;
- Experience in financial services companies;
- Experienced JIRA practitioner;
- Highly familiar with Agile development and delivery;
- Previous experience performing PMO role across complex projects and/or multiple concurrent project streams;
- Ability to manage and communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.