Junior Data Platform Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Data Platform Engineer to join our team.
- Maintain a vision of the product and it’s place within the company; create prototypes to showcase the vision;
- Contribute to all parts of our data platform (from metadata definition framework through data pipelines to the visualisation interface);
- Support existing users of the platform, explain new features to them and help new joiners to get started;
- Take ownership of certain parts of the project;
- Write unit tests and perform code reviews;
- Explore and experiment with new tools, libraries and technologies to improve and simplify our solution.
- Ability to write easily understandable and maintainable code in many languages;
- Interest in data analysis and visualisation;
- Understanding of various SQL and NoSQL systems (Redis, CouchDB, Postgres, MySQL, Redshift etc), their strengths and weaknesses;
- Good level of Unix skills and bash scripting;
- Demonstrable experience in projects related to data and metadata desirable;
- Ability to write an html parsing regex desirable;
- Interest in data visualisation, and D3 knowledge desirable;
- Ability to understand business requirements and goals;
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto as developer desirable;
- Polyglot experience in general desirable;
- Side projects or open source contributions desirable.