Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Security Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Analyst to join our team.
- As a Tier 111 analyst you may also specialise in performing threat hunting and threat intelligence;
- Operational / vulnerability reports (working with infrastructure and network teams);
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users;
- Act on SIEM alerts and change requests;
- Generation of reports;
- Supporting client engagements and or service meetings;
- Being part of a 24/7 operational security service team working 12 hour shifts;
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations;
- Performing detailed analysis of the data captured by monitoring systems;
- Handling client queries;
- Escalating incidents to senior management where necessary & acting as a point of contact throughout investigation;
- The recommendation & implementation of new signatures/rules & tuning existing;
- Responding to and investigating alerts raised by proprietary tool sets;
- Maintain the Banks IT security related policies & procedures;
- Undertake phishing exercises.
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand;
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus;
- Ability to act as an escalation point for security events and incidents within the business;
- Analytical skills to help advise on how best to respond to abnormal network and system behaviour;
- Experience of working in a SOC with knowledge of security assessment frameworks such as NIST, COBIT;
- Must have strong attention to detail;
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them;
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyze complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends;
- Possesses a detail understanding of the core discipline, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security;
- Demonstrates a passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT;
- Ability to deal with all level of staff including senior staff;
- A broader understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and infrastructure and ways to manage them;
- Have a strong independent working attitude and able to problem solve with tight time constraints;
- Must have experience within an auditing or security background.