SEND Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a SEND Teacher to join our team.
- Differentiating lesson plans to give equal opportunities to all pupils to progress;
- Supervise students in lessons whilst delivering pre-prepared work left by the teacher;
- Collating the completed work from the lesson and leaving a handover for the returning teacher;
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom;
- Tracking the progress of pupils and reviewing lesson plans to accommodate for any successes or weaknesses;
- Leading classroom sessions, often with the support of SEN Teaching Assistant(s);
- Delivering enthusiastic lessons to pupils;
- Creating innovative and informative lesson plans;
- Be familiar with the school’s policies and procedures and deal with any immediate problems.
- A passion for working with children with SEMH;
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students;
- Previous LSA experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire;
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities;
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour would be advantageous;
- Having a DBS on the update service;
- Being a qualified teacher with teaching experience (NQTs are welcome to apply);
- Having a dedication to helping pupils to achieve their best;
- Be available to work 5 days a week. Part-time possibly considered;
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Or recent experience of teaching in a similar environment unqualified;
- A calm and nurturing personality;
- Ideally have an understanding of young people with SEMH and experience of working with them;
- Knowledge and understanding or the core subjects (English, Maths and Science).