Summer School EFL Teachers Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Summer School EFL Teachers to join our team.
- Assist with meal time and break time supervision when required;
- Teach lessons using the SBC syllabus and other appropriate materials;
- Engage with the students outside of classes and assigned activity sessions in a friendly and professional manner;
- Attend teacher and meetings as requested by the summer school management;
- Manage the classroom behaviour effectively and ensure all students participate;
- Lead groups of students on excursions, following pre-planned itineraries;
- Be observed by the Director of Studies and if necessary, the Academic Manager;
- Ensure that the students are safe and engaged in the activity or excursion;
- Engage fully in the activity programme, leading, assisting and taking part in activities;
- Help ensure that the students do not breach the rules of the school;
- Attend to the individual needs of students to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from their time with SBC;
- Prepare and keep class lists, records of work, class registers and prepare reports.
- First Aid, Life Guard and any sporting qualifications advantageous;
- Passion for working with young learners;
- 1+ year’s professional teaching experience in the subject (or topics covered in the syllabus);
- Previous residential summer school experience;
- Experience of leading students in an extracurricular capacity;
- An interest in sports / arts & crafts / music / drama;
- Trinity CertTESOL or CELTA, and/or Primary QTS or PGCE in English/Modern Languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary;
- Educated to degree level or above.