Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
Health & Safety Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Health & Safety Specialist to join our team.
- Deliver safety training to managers, supervisors, employees, and new hires, as determined by policy and programs;
- Perform other tasks or jobs as required;
- Contribute to the creation of and/or maintenance of instructional documents, such as work procedures and training documents;
- Create statistical data, analytical and assessment reports, as required;
- Guide the Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC);
- Conduct gap analysis of safety programs through internal audits; developing and implementing a plan to address and remedy non-conformance issues;
- Integrate into and becomes an active member of the site Management teams;
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of new employee orientation programs;
- Provide support during the life cycle of a WSIB claim;
- Contribute to the implementation of the Zero Harm & Sustainability Action Plan.
- In depth knowledge of all relevant legislation and standards in the province of Ontario;
- Must have driver’s license and transportation;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Must have completed or is in the process of completing a health and safety degree/certificate/diploma or professional designation;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Desire to be hands on and “on the floor”
- Minimum 5 years leading health and safety in a unionized environment;
- Minimum 5 years leading health and safety preferably in a unionized environment.