Medicines Management Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medicines Management Technician to join our team.
- Monitoring of high-risk prescribing areas such as high-risk medicines, antibiotic prescribing and controlled drugs;
- Monitor and action appropriate MHRA alerts for the service;
- Able to demonstrate success of interventions and service improvement using KPI’s;
- Extract, analyse, and interpret prescribing data, incident reports and intelligence to ensure cost effective prescribing;
- Support monitoring of quality and standards of prescribing in novel ways;
- Respond to queries submitted by the Head Office Clinical team, remote working clinicians and the Support team;
- Routinely link with the CCG pharmacist and technicians to ensure key Quality Indicators are met;
- Contribute to design and set up of the various services offered by the team to start with improving the medicines reconciliation process.
- Pharmacy Technician registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC);
- Previous experience in a GP practice or a CCG role;
- At least 1 years’ experience in medicines reconciliation – preferably in primary care;
- Experience in setting up new services;
- Ability to work independently to drive progress of project-based work;
- Previous experience with data analysis and interpretation from EPACT;
- Registered for a minimum of 3 years.