Night Care Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Night Care Worker to join our team.
- Establishing warm, caring and professional relationships with the children in his / her care;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in accordance with Wings ‘Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy’
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and reviews relating to individual children or groups of children;
- Successfully completing all training and qualifications in accordance with organisational and regulatory requirements;
- Providing organised and structured recreational clubs and activities for the development of the children;
- Being a Key Worker for a child or small group of children offering appropriate levels of support, guidance and care;
- Supporting learning experiences at home and in the wider community;
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour;
- Keeping a detailed nightly Log and providing a handover report to senior staff before going off duty;
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living;
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care;
- Remaining awake at all times while on duty and supervising the designated residential house or houses.
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work;
- Be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) – funded by Options;
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends.