Customer Service Supervisor supervises a staff of customer service representatives that respond to requests from customers by phone or e-mail and manages the daily work load to ensure required service volume and quality levels are attained. Trains and coaches staff in standard policies, procedures, and best practices. Being a Customer Service Supervisor identifies opportunities for operational improvements and implements solutions. May monitor staff performance and have responsibility for hiring and performance appraisal. Additionally, Customer Service Supervisor typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. The Customer Service Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Customer Service Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Customer Service Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Customer Service Supervisor to join our team.
- To take responsibility for opening and closing the store as necessary;
- To share responsibility for the security of the premises in accordance with Company policy;
- To ensure compliance with all of the rules and procedures of the store and the Company;
- Providing excellent customer service;
- To ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, with particular reference to the Health and Safety regulations;
- Offer support to both Customer Service Team and Management;
- Take ownership of the customer issues;
- Monitor all email in-boxes and call ques;
- Any other tasks as dictated by the demands of the business;
- Overseeing the customer service operation;
- Dealing with customer queries via phone and email;
- Deal with all incoming emails – answering within a timely and effective manner;
- Dealing with customers via telephone, email and live chat;
- Ensure all customer orders are processed quickly and efficiently through the Customer Service Team;
- Aim to resolve all enquiries within a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent listening skills and a thoughtful, considered approach to all customer calls;
- PC Literate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding telephone manner;
- Knowledge/experience of ecommerce;
- Experience of dealing with and resolving difficult issues;
- Great organisational skills;
- Proficient user of Office 365 including MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience in sub managing a team;
- Minimum of 12 months in a customer service position, ideally within retail;
- The ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of colleagues and customers;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Previous customer service experience;
- Experience supervising an office-based customer service team;
- Ability to focus and maintain accurate attention to detail in a fast-paced environment;
- Great leadership and people skills.