Customer Service Manager manages a team or unit of customer service representatives and ensures service levels are met or exceeded. Establish efficient and balanced work flows that maximize efficiency and produce high levels of service quality and customer satisfaction. Being a Customer Service Manager monitor and measure service metrics and utilize to develop standards, improvements, or changes to process. Make recommendations for changes to products or services based on customer feedback and requests. Additionally, Customer Service Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or its equivalent. Typically reports to a senior manager. The Customer Service Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Customer Service Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Customer Service Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Customer Service Manager to join our team.
- Ability to communicate tasks and expected results effectively;
- To ensure that all customer enquiries are satisfactorily managed, resolved and closed within agreed timescales;
- Continually reviewing and improving supply chain performance;
- Handle UPS enquiries for delivery issues;
- Encourage a culture of self-improvement and personal development within the team;
- Ensure all team members are effectively trained on processes and systems and can cover each other’s tasks;
- Providing 1st line support for ADSL, FTTC, Hosted, Fibre Ethernet. If escalation is necessary liaising with Suppliers and Engineers;
- Following procedures and handle relevant paperwork and bills of lading;
- Attending key client review meetings;
- Liaising with clients and key contacts over the phone/e-mail;
- Act as lead for HMRC clearance queries, internal and external;
- Regular review of staff resources; managing staff recruitment, development and performance;
- Resolving customer disputes, reviewing requests for credit notes and actioning appropriately;
- Providing customers with product, price and delivery information;
- Handling of the accounts management (payable and receivable).
- You will possess excellent administrative, time management and organisational skills, along with competent Microsoft Office skills;
- Ability to maximise performance out of a team with proven records;
- Excellent interpersonal Skills;
- Ability to analyse operational data and report trends;
- Highly computer literate;
- Exceptional communication skills and problem solver;
- Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards;
- Previous management experience within a customer service team;
- Relevant proven experience for the role; ideally has both B2B and e-Commerce experience;
- Experienced with dealing with escalated complaints;
- A professional approach and excellent communication skills are essential;
- A commitment to improve your own customer service skills on an ongoing basis;
- Strong organizational and detailed execution skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Enjoys talking to customers and building rapport;
- NVQ Level 2 in Sales.