The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Being an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. In addition, Intermediate Mechanical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. Being an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Design and specification of the following;
- Carry out Mechanical, HVAC, & PH project design work as applicable, working to project;
- Responsible for full Mechanical Design Management;
- Must have a degree in building services or mechanical engineering;
- Team Player;
- Minimum of 3 years design experience in a design role within the building services industry;
- Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above-ground drainage and BMS;
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Previous employment/ placement or work experience within the MEP Industry;
- Software exposure to Revit, hevacomp or IES;
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services,
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills;
- Good knowledge of a variety of design software;
- Strong knowledge of MEP, including HVAC and Public Health services design;
- Full UK driving license;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to carry projects from inception to completion.