Chief Counsel Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Counsel to join our team.
- To act as interface with the law, advising on future developments, risks and opportunities;
- To report directly to the CEO and work closely with the leadership team;
- Handle litigation;
- Draft legal papers, contracts, agreements, and other legal documents as needed;
- Keep informed of relevant legislative changes;
- Oversee internal policies;
- Support our unique corporate structure.
- Be a UK qualified solicitor, or similar;
- Experience in international law and US law;
- Have at 3 years’ experience in an inhouse or commercial private practice role;
- An engaging manner;
- A willingness to engage in the new and unknown;
- A keen understanding of the corporate data space;
- Experience in the public benefit, anti-corruption, free speech and/or data privacy space;
- An excellent legal track record;
- Qualified to practice law in one of the US states.