Assist lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
Legal Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Providing general admin and clerical support for fee earning staff;
- Preparing Court documents;
- Assisting the team in exploring new and innovative ways to manage the review, negotiation, and filing of contracts;
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- Deal with new enquiries for the department;
- Front of house-meet and greet;
- Maximise the recovery of other Winn Group costs, without compromising the best outcome for the client;
- Booking couriers;
- To input data into the case management system and produce reports from the system;
- Attending and note-taking at appeal hearings;
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations. Standards connected to the department (Passport checks, legal Aid, Land registry);
- Undertaking legal research;
- Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner;
- Adhere to CX in Law principles, providing excellent client service at all times;
- To support the legal services in the delivery of legal administrative tasks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Flexible and happy to multi task;
- Law graduate or company secretary;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Organised and logical approach;
- Focused on delivering excellent client service;
- Knowledge of RTA and Civil procedures preferable;
- You will have a legal experience within a similar environment;
- You will have a good understanding of GDPR in order to identify personal data;
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, A-C including English and Maths;
- Previous experience as a Legal Secretary is highly desirable;
- Experience of working in Real Estate would be beneficial;
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and best practice in personal data protection.