Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Carrying out ID checks on clients;
- Meet and greet clients and visitors;
- Supporting solicitors in the office with their administration needs across all practice`s areas when required;
- Handling incoming enquiries by telephone;
- Deal with the completion and post completion requirements of the property transaction;
- Liaising with lenders;
- Administering client files with updates;
- Registrations at the Land Registry and dealing with Land Registry enquiries;
- Opening and closing files;
- General administration to include filing, faxing, scanning, binding, archiving and photocopying;
- Serving as first point of contact for general telephone enquiries to the Legal Services team and visitors to the office.
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks;
- Good attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication and team working skills.