The Senior Test Engineer identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Being a Senior Test Engineer documents and analyzes test cases and provides feedback and recommendations for product or design changes. Defines internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. In addition, Senior Test Engineer ensures testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards. Contributes to the development of improvements to overall testing and quality programs for improved results. May coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts. Requires a bachelor’s degree of Engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Test Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Test Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Test Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our team.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in an effective manner, assisting in the investigation and resolution where needed;
- Maintain automated test frameworks;
- Investigate software defects and identify their root cause;
- Design and implement high quality, easily maintainable automated tests to cover the user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Work and collaborate with highly skilled individuals, helping to build a single unified Test Engineering process for Alfresco;
- Support the culture of quality and lead it by example;
- Review, evaluate and turn acceptance criteria into detailed test cases, with clear scope, quality criteria and deliverables.
- Experience of software coding, e.g. Visual Basic, Python;
- Chartered Engineer or on track to achieve Chartered status;
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or similar;
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge on different test levels, types, practices and techniques;
- Good working knowledge of testing RESTful APIs, using tools such as REST assured or Postman;
- Exposure to Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis or Bamboo;
- Competitive salary, equity, health-care plans, and generous leave allowances;
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- An analytical mindset with the ability and desire to solve software engineering problems;
- Excellent coding skills (preferably Java, but other OO languages considered);
- 3+ years in Software Test Automation;
- Good written and spoken communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge in writing, maintaining and executing automation tests using frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG or similar;
- Knowledge of one or more Web UI automation tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Cypress.io or similar;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.