Assistant Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Planner to join our team.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation;
- Participate in development of details programmes for specific project areas;
- You will be expected to work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between site works and the main project schedule;
- Capturing metrics;
- Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme;
- Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions;
- Understands and summarize (with guidance) the impact of delays (complicated project with many links and paths).
- Appreciation of the Railway Industry;
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
- General knowledge of planning tools such as Primavera or MS Project;
- A ‘Level, ONC/HNC level qualifications or similar;
- Computer literate with well-developed skills in MS Office applications;
- Knowledge, training or experience in engineering, ICT or business studies;
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format;
- Previous planning experience would be desirable;
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills.