Senior Environmental Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Environmental Planner to join our team.
- Understand and implement project management principles and fully appreciate the need to work within project budgets;
- Assist in marketing activities related to SA/SEA services and proactively promote SA/SEA best practice and innovation across our business;
- Keep up-to-date with SA/SEA and other relevant legislation, case law, policy and guidance;
- Work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary and wider team;
- Manage and mentor junior SA/SEA practitioners within the team;
- Participate in team meetings, client briefs and other meetings as and when required;
- Analyse both qualitative and quantitative data effectively and carry out desk-based studies and site visits as required.
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction;
- Appropriate professional membership with a recognised body;
- A relevant post graduate qualification;
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy or local authority planning department;
- Experience in project management of SA/SEA and/ or Planning projects over a variety of project types;
- Relevant degree;
- Practical experience of SA/SEA, with planning policy experience being advantageous;
- Good knowledge of the English and/ or Welsh planning system and SA/SEA, with an interest in local and neighbourhood plan making;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- A track-record of successful client management.