Childrens Home Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Childrens Home Manager to join our team.
- To establish excellent professional relationships with commissioners and local authority social works, their managers and placement teams;
- To ensure that all staff members understand their roles, responsibilities and expectations of the company;
- To manage staff resources flexibly and efficiently within an agreed arrangement;
- To provide supervision and appraisals for all team members in accordance with agreed policies;
- To co-ordinate, attend, chair all staff and children’s meeting and further agency meetings as and when required in a professional manner;
- To establish a day to day culture of working practice that achieves the best outcomes for the children in a safe and secure environment;
- To ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made;
- To ensure that activities are planned, creative, stimulating and provide enjoyment and fun for the children;
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person with particular reference to their safety, health and education.
- To hold a valid UK Driving Licence – desirable criteria;
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (or equivalent qualification);
- Must have experience supervising or managing a residential children’s setting;
- A commitment to taking a lead and ownership in managing the service; working unsocial hours and provide out of hours management cover;
- Recent and proven experience as a Registered Manager in a residential children’s home setting or Semi-independent living Service;
- Must have minimum of 2 years supervisory experience;
- Must have experience of managing a staff team and managing staff rota’s;
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, ideally on the update service.