The Director of Client Services generates timelines, estimates costs, and ensures projects meet the needs of the client organization. Directs a team responsible for the development, implementation, and troubleshooting of enterprise hardware, software, and networking systems. Being a Director of Client Services requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Oversees the operations of a team of project managers, business technology consultants, and implementation specialists who interface with the client organization. In addition, Director of Client Services typically reports to top management. The Director of Client Services manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Director of Client Services typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Client Services Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Client Services Director to join our team.
- Experienced networker and relationship builder;
- Organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Autonomous – taking ownership and responsibility;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – excellent presenter and confident at communicating at a senior level (Exec/board) including facilitation;
- Strategic business planning and goal setting;
- Strategic thinker – ability to rise above, read the market and anticipate change;
- High level reporting;
- Demonstrable managerial experience, and ability to lead, coach, motivate teams and conduct appraisals;
- Target-driven and results oriented;
- 10+ years’ agency experience;
- Experience in the travel industry, with international clients and a second language are desirable;
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining client relationships;
- Experience in budgeting, finance and capacity planning within an agency;
- Crisis management.
- The ability to inform and shape future agency processes and offerings;
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others;
- A flair for working well within a team with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Good financial understanding and experience with budgeting;
- Proven track record of exceptional staff, project and client management;
- Excellent communications skills and a proven talent for people management and development;
- A track record of identifying and developing new business as well as cross and up-selling;
- Self-starter who is able to roll up his/her sleeves, take initiative, think creatively, work independently, and get work done;
- Ability to work with tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Life Science background;
- Expertise at handling clients at a senior level with exemplary client service skills and the ability to maintain and extend relationships;
- A previous strong experience working in Client Services;
- The ability to combine a “hands-on” pragmatic approach with the ability to make reports and commercial recommendation at the highest level;
- Proven experience in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical marketing environment.