The Continuous Improvement Manager manages all activities for continuous improvement and performance enhancement. Leads and designs Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Being a Continuous Improvement Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Employs Lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives. In addition, Continuous Improvement Manager also requires training and Lean certification through an accredited organization. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Continuous Improvement Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Continuous Improvement Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Continuous Improvement Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve manufacturing areas;
- Ensure that process improvement initiatives are aligned to business requirements;
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems;
- Support the business in establishing “best practice”;
- Sharing and training technical knowledge to improve capabilities; coaching and instilling best practice into operator pool;
- Completion of audits to ensure adherence to company standard operating procedures;
- Identifying and leading capital investment opportunities that deliver financial and/or safety benefits;
- To deliver coaching and run projects;
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system;
- To assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy;
- Drive significant process improvement and optimization cost savings;
- Implement streamlined software;
- Create & manage detailed project plans;
- Taking responsibility and ownership for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiative across the business;
- Improving productivity by creating a culture where all employees are encouraged to take a proactive approach to CI and driving operational excellence.
- Previous experience in implementing Lean/ 6 Sigma;
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles in a Manufacturing or similar environment including Lean, 6 Sigma and Kaizen;
- Previous experience in continuous improvement;
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of factory design, layout, machine operation, facility process flow and continuous improvement;
- Excellent communication skills.